Digital marketing seems to be a term that means something different to everyone. It may seem way more complicated than it is. News flash: It’s actually pretty straightforward. That’s why in this blog, we are going to be pulling back the curtain on what’s arguably the most significant and powerful aspect of running a business, i.e. digital marketing and how it helps engage customers.
As a digitally-conscious business person, you do not essentially need to know every single complicated technique and how to use them. A broad or general understanding of it will allow you to thrive in today’s business world. To keep it short and crisp digital marketing is just marketing using digital tools, and marketing is nothing more than communicating value to your customers. Therefore we can say that all it entails is communicating value to your customers using digital tools.
So now that we have got that covered, the real question is how it helps engage customers.
You are aware of how vast the internet is, and owing to its sheer size and magnitude, the most prominent issue businesses face online is obscurity. You can constantly promote your brand online, but your business will be left deserted if the digital tools you use are not strategy-based. A lack of strategy will prevent your product or service from being visible to the consumer during their buyer’s journey.
Before you start calling me out for using technical jargon in this allegedly simple-to-understand blog, Buyers’ Journey is exactly what it sounds like. In fact, it is similar to the stages a rational buyer goes through before making a purchase in traditional marketing. This self-explanatory path has three stages that every customer goes through:
• The Awareness Stage
• The Consideration Stage
• The Decision Stage
A million people may be in need of what you have to offer, but do they know you exist? If you don’t have content that is creative and relevant enough to attract them to your website, they never will. There goes the first and the most important stage-Awareness Stage.
Then there’s a comparatively smaller percentage who are already aware of your existence and what you bring to the table. Now it’s up to you to lay the groundwork and convince them that you are better than your competitors by showcasing advantages like easy-to-navigate websites, catalogues of well-described products and services, competitive pricing, etc. That’s the Consideration Stage for you.
Lastly, the smallest percentage of people who are aware and convinced may still need a little push to move the product from their cart to their shopping bag. Here, strategic tools like calls-to-action, customer reviews, testimonials, etc come into play. This Decision Stage can prove to be the make-it-or-break-it for you!
Congratulations! Filtering through these stages, you successfully managed to make the sale. Now what? How do you ensure that this wasn’t simply a one-time chance transaction but a long-term business-customer relationship built on trust, reliability, and most importantly consumer satisfaction?
You have two options:
1. Devise a customer retention plan through research-based strategies.
2. Incept a personalized dream to hypnotize them into only ever buying or availing services from your business.
If your answer was A, you may continue reading the blog further.
And if your answer is B, then you are especially required not to leave the page as you definitely need to hear this.
Customer engagement is all about building meaningful relationships with your customers. The more engaged your customers are, the more likely they are to keep coming back.
You may have heard that it’s more economical to get repeat purchases than to find new customers. Returning customers do not hesitate to spend more freely, buy more often, and can be counted on to spread the word about your business.
Speaking of which, there are several ways to boost your customer retention:
• Work on your Customer Support System: A solid customer support strategy involves attention to the customer at every step preceding the sale. This sends the message that you care about their overall experience and satisfaction. Making use of features like live chat can turn a customer query into a sale or a complaint into a resolution.
• Reward Promoters and Loyal Customers: Based on the type of products or services you deal in, sending a small present or token to your frequent or regular customers as well as promoters is a sure-shot way to make them stick around. It would allow you to tap into the principle of reciprocity.
• Stay at the forefront of your customer’s mind: When a visitor turns into a customer, it should not be considered a point where you stop putting in the effort. A post-sale customer service that turns mere numbers into faces is a win-win for everyone. Constant efforts should be made to reach out to the customers via tools like emails, newsletters, social media, etc.
Digital marketing is uncomplicated, albeit comprehensive. So if you are interested in learning more, head over to the Enterprise Web Cloud website. In addition to the option to avail of various Digital Marketing Services Toronto, you can get your queries cleared up regarding anything digital marketing. From customer engagement to Search Engine Optimization Toronto, we’ve it all covered. Allow us to help you level up your marketing by changing the way you think about your store’s marketing funnel.